Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Greetings From The Snowy White South


With the freezing temperatures and 8 inches of snow (plus 1/2 in. of ice), the sunny south truly looks like a winter wonderland. For those of you how reside up north this is laughable but for us, it is a BIG deal. The state will likely be shut down for a week and even the big kids are transformed into children in the snow.  What are the essentials for surviving the blizzard of 2011? Below are my necessities-





A seriously strong drink to warm the soul- whiskey sours complete with a cherry garnish.



A roaring fire + delicious eats. I'll be posting the recipe for this divine roasted red pepper and sundried tomato dip later today. I promise you'll just love it!

Do you have any essentials for snowy weather? If so, do share! Wishing you a delightful day- rain, snow or shine.


 

3 comments:

Robin Baron @ Simplifying Fabulous! said...

You look truly prepared! I will putting on some similar socks tonight when we start getting snow again here in NYC.

JMW said...

The joke around this part of the South, is when the forecast calls for winter weather, everyone heads to the market for milk and bread. We do that, too, but we also make sure the bar is stocked as well. Like the whiskey sour, my friend. :)

Kalee said...

Hi JMW- I can relate to that. Suffice it to say that our markets were completely sold out of necessities. Wishing you a wonderful day!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow