Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Nice Touches for a Guest Bedroom


When a guest spends the night at my house, I try to make it as comfortable and welcoming as possible. The following are nice touches that do just that.

A waffle weave robe with "Guest" embroidered in a pleasing color. I like to place the robe, along with freshly laundered and folded towels, on top of the bed. It is also nice to have a pair of fluffy slippers with "Guest" embroidered on them beside the bed.




Linen spray beside the bed- I like Caldera in Lavender.




A beautiful bouquet of seasonal flowers. A single flower in a bud vase has the same effect and is equally lovely.


A selection of current magazines and a stack of books.


As some people need a bit of noise to sleep, it is a considerate to have an I-Pod shuffle with a soothing mix on it and a docking station with a clock. As an added touch, also do a fun cheerful mix for the daytime.



One bottle of water per guest placed on the bedside table.



Keep in mind that these are some little touches that I like to use for my guests. The fact of the matter is that a little gesture goes a long way for comfort. It takes no extra money to create a lovely and inviting atmosphere for your guests.


* Images from worldofstock.com, bellalino.com, caldera.com, southernaccents.com, realsimple.com, styleassembly.com, icenews.com.

 

10 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

I want to come stay at your house!!

Gidget at Seagrass and Sunsets said...

Great ideas!

I do many of the same things & also have a set of white washcloths with "makeup" embroidered on them that I set out on top of each set of towels so that guests use those to take off their makeup & protect the nice towels.

Kalee said...

Love your idea Gidget! I think that I might start doing this as well :).

Chic Coles said...

What great ideas! We rent one of our houses we have in New Hampshire and those would be great touches that wouldn't cost anything but would mean a lot. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how hospitable of you! I like to make my guests feel welcome, but I don't do nearly as much as you do! My favorite is the waffle with "welcome" written on it.

People must love to stay with you!

xoxo,
Micaela

P.S. Thanks for the sweetest little comment you left on my guest blog post on the English Muse!

Basil Becky said...

I have stayed at this wonderful house..and it is as stated. You always feel welcomed and loved...It is wonderful, I cannot wait to go back.

Christi said...

i've been looking for a linen spray ... i need to try that caldera

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing for my guests except I hadn't thought of leaving linen spray. That's a great idea. We actually have guests next week so I'll get on that. :) Thanks for leaving me a comment today so I could find your blog. See you again soon!

Martha said...

It's the little thoughtful things that make a guest feel oh, so much more welcomed.

You certainly pamper your guests (as it should be) . . .

I always have a small bowl with some fruit in the room as well -- so that they can have a snack if they wish.

Unknown said...

Fabulous, little ideas that go such a long way in terms of hospitality. I love it!

Cheers.




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow