Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
A Recipe for Liquid Gold

A good homemade simple syrup enhances just about any cocktail recipe. Don't believe me? Why not whip up a batch for use in classic southern cocktails such as mint juleps, sazeracs and hurricanes. While there are infinite variations of the classic syrup which call for adding anything from lavender to fruit juice, for me the classic recipe listed below is the best.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water

In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil; simmer until sugar has dissolved. Remove from stove and store in a classic mason jar. Will keep in the refrigerator indefinitely.

* Tip- a good batch of simple syrup in a mason jar with a ribbon makes a delightful hostess or housewarming gift!


{images courtesy of woodford reserve & ca4h.org}

 

4 comments:

theluckiestmrs said...

Mmmm...I agree, the 1:1 ratio is best! ;)

JMW said...

Looking forward to mint juleps next week!

Slices of Beauty... said...

Wow, that simple? Thanks for sharing!

Kalee said...

Me too JMW! Tis the season, afterall.




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow