Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Gifts That Give Back

For the past few years, rather than give the traditional gift or trinket I have made the decision to instead give gifts that give back. One year, I gave my family all Oxfam gifts. This included a goat donated to a family in Ethiopia for my in-laws and mosquito nets donated in my brother's name. The following year, everybody got a kickin' pair of Tom's. For me, these are gifts that you can feel good about both giving and receiving.

Some other really fabulous gifts with a heart include Cookies for Cancer.100 % of the proceeds from these delicious cookies go to fund pediatric cancer research.


Homemade gifts from serrv.org. Choose from a wide selection of gifts from this online emporium. Servv is a terrific organization that is dedicated to eradicating poverty by providing support to farmers and artisans worldwide.  These darling bowls below were handmade in Ho Chi Minh City by an organization that seeks to improve life for street children and single mothers. Ready for the price? Only $44 for 6 bowls. Amazing!


Do you have a pet lover in your family? Heart U Back bracelets are the perfect thing! The proceeds (they ring in at $29.00) from these vibrant bracelets go to the ASPCA, one of my very favorite causes!



Happy shopping, my loves! 


 

4 comments:

JMW said...

I love giving gifts like this. It means so much. My brother-in-law made a donation to Heifer International in our name and we've done that in the past. I also like shopping at free-trade stores to pick up holiday gifts. Those bowls are great! Wonderful post!

Unknown said...

Gifts that give back are the best. Great suggestions.

Kalee said...

Hi JMW- Heifer International is so great. Not only is it a wonderful cause but also (and on a much smaller level) no wrapping required! If you happen to be a last minute queen- these types of donations are perfect for you!

Christina said...

serrv.org sounds like it would be right up my alley. i'm definitely going to check it out. thank you!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow