Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Hotel Spotlight- Valentine's Resort



Valentine's Resort and Marina is a luxury hotel perched on the pink sands of Harbour Island in The Bahamas. One look and you will understand why Harbour Island has recently been bestowed the honor of "Best Beaches in the Caribbean" by Travel and Leisure Magazine.



Harbour Island is only accessible by boat but fear not if you don't have a yacht at your disposal, the ferry from Eleuthera will take you directly to Valentine's Marina. Step foot off the boot and you will be instantly greeted by punchy Caribbean style cottages with tidy white trim and immaculate landscaping. If scuba or sailing are your thing- Valentine's is the perfect place for you as they offer frequent excursions!





Be sure to stop by the fabulous Boat House Restaurant for a lively happy hour and an incredible view of the harbor. Enjoy a delightful Bahama Breeze as the sun slowly sets. You can see from the picture below that after happy hour at the Boat House, I flipped off my flops and headed to the beach!



 

14 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

This resort is calling my name!!

Chic Coles said...

How beautiful. Hope to visit some day.

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Looks amazing! xx

Basil Becky said...

I am so excited to be going back to this resort in October! I will check out the Boat house.Great blog..keep traveling and telling us all about such wonderful spots. You are great.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I'll save this! We are always looking for a little get away in the dead of winter. Isn't the architecture fabulous!
YOu have a wonderul blog. I've spent a little time enjoying past posts! So nice to stop by this morning!
Yvonne

vicki archer said...

This looks like a heavenly resort.....xv

Kalee said...

Thank you, Yvonne, for your kind words. Welcome!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I love your beach bag!

Kalee said...

Thanks, Jaime! I actually got the bag at H & M in Madrid a few years ago. It was so cheap(you know when the dollar was actually stronger than the Euro-gasp!)and is hands down my favorite summer bag!

Designs on 47th Street said...

What a soothing place to stay. Loved the pictures.

Donna

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

has been on my list of must visit places--everyone who goes seems to have the best time! love your blog :) hampton hostess

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

This is a friday's favorite!
I could spend a weekend relaxing right there.

Kalee said...

Welcome, Hampton Hostess and Sandi! Harbor Island really is even more lovely as the pictures convey and I hope all have an opportunity to visit!

Ashley Turner said...

Looks AMAZING!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow