Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Traveling Hostess: Meson Panza Verde


Every once and a while, if you are truly lucky, you experience a moment, a taste or place that absolutely takes your breath away. These experiences are indeed quite rare and indescribably unique. If you have been following this blog for a while, you know that my husband and I took a month long trip to Guatemala this summer. We spent some time volunteering, backpacking, riding horses through the countryside, exploring underwater caves, evacuating & dodging landslides and celebrated our anniversary (4 years!). In short, it was an amazing experience- filled with several such moments of breathlessness.



We celebrated our anniversary at the incredible Meson Panza Verde . Panza Verde is a luxury boutique hotel with European elegance and Central American rates (seriously, check-out the rates. Your jaw will drop!) . Located on a quaint cobblestone street, Panza Verde has 9 guest bedrooms and two double rooms- each uniquely decorated and incredibly cozy. The rooms are all clustered around a lush central courtyard that can be described no other way than enchanting.


Our room featured a working fireplace, private courtyard and gorgeous raised bathtub (this was arguably my favorite feature after having spent three weeks backpacking in the intense heat).

Antigua is located in the hills outside Guatemala City. I am happy to report that Guatemala City is only a short three hour flight (Delta) from Atlanta. The temperature is lovely, food just fabulous and the city is alive with culture and activity. If you are planning trip, don't hestitate to email me for my restaurant & outfitter suggestions- I would love to be of assistance.


If you are looking for an affordable and quick getaway but are not willing to sacrifice elegance & charm- a stay at Meson Panza Verde is a must!

 

8 comments:

Haven and Home said...

Putting this on my list!

Unknown said...

i LOVE Antigua - i'll be heading there in JanuarY!!!!

PS - come visit my first GIVE-AWAY - $45 worth of fabulous! - don't be shy - pass it along! :o)

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Unknown said...

So happy to know about this place. Happy anniversary!!

Unknown said...

Have never been...will keep this in mind though, as it sounds so ideal!

Kalee said...

I hope that you have the opportunity to visit soon, Haven and Home. It is truly a magical place. Take care!

Kalee said...

Oh what fun, Erika! I hope that you enjoy your time in beautiful Antigua. Be sure to grab cocktails and dinner at Bristrot Cinq (4a calle oriente no.7)- it is divine!

Kalee said...

Opps- I meant to type Bistrot Cinq!

Kalee said...

Thank you for your kind words, PPT. I think that you would just adore Panza Verde!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow