Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
The Traveling Hostess-Serenbe

If you live in the Atlanta area or have a visit in the future- escape the hustle of the Peach State capitol and relax in the beautiful Chattahoochee Hill Country community of Serenbe. Serenbe is an eco-chic enclave located 30 minutes southeast of Atlanta and while the distance is not great, the overall difference is tremendous.

A trip to Serenbe is like a breath of fresh air as it is one of the leading developments in the US for land preservation, green construction, walkability and overall quality of life. There are three restaurants on the property- The Farmhouse, The Hil (chef Hilary White is from the fabulous 103 West in Atlanta) and The Blue Eyed Daisy. My favorite of the three is The Farmhouse as it's unique and innovative menu changes weekly and the chef uses only the freshest ingredients from Serenbe farms. To whet your appetite, the following is the menu for this week:

Garden Greens Soup
or
Mixed salad with fried green tomatoes, goat cheese &
red pepper dressing

Shrimp with Jenny Jack grits & sauteed kale
or
Farmhouse country steak with red wine mushroom sauce, mashed
potatoes with caramelized onions and green beans.

$17.95


Carmel cake
or
Dark chocolate brownie sundae

$4. 95

Dinner is served at The Farmhouse Thursday - Saturday from 6-9. Located directly next door to the restaurant is the charming Inn at Serenbe and stay at the inn turns a delightful night in the country into a weekend getaway.




Want more information? Be sure to check out Serenbe's website and that of The Farmhouse.

* Gorgeous images all courtesy of Serenbe's website.


 

13 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

These images are just so soothing... looks like a wonderful place to visit, shame it is too far for me. The name is apt also, without the 'b' it is just Serene. x Julie

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

That menu is making my mouth water! Sounds like a charming place!

JMW said...

What a great concept! If I ever get back to that area, I'll have to check it out.

Annemarie said...

Gorgeous photos! Would love to visit there someday! Have a great weekend XOXO

JennyMac said...

I have been here and it is amazing. i LOVE yoru pics. Do you know the Les Dames D'escoffier event held there every November? You must go if you have not been. Amazing location but the food/wine they bring in is outstanding too. Its a great event.

Kalee said...

Hi JennyMac- I have been dying to attend the Les Dames D'escoffier event! I can only imagine how wonderful it must be.

Magdalena said...

I wish I were closer, may have to make the trip one day soon!! Looks beautiful

A Wedding Story said...

Sounds so nice!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

understated elegance...must say casual chic as well!
Lovely weekend~xo*

Laura Trevey said...

It looks beautiful!!!
I will have to keep this in mind for a weekend getaway ~~

xoxo

bluehydrangea said...

There was a great house in Cottage Living that was in Serenbe, I loved it. Would love to go for a visit!

Erika Dalya Massaquoi said...

Perfect for a romantic weekend vacay.

e

Kalee said...

Hi Blue Hydrangea- I saw the same spread in Cottage Living. All of the homes in Serenbe are so charming and eco-fabulous!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow