Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Cheers, it's Happy Hour!


The French 75 is a superbly elegant cocktail. The name of the drink pays homage to two of France's most powerful weapons- guns and champagne, this drink is a classic New Orleans cocktail.

Recipe:
2 ounces gin or brandy
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 tablespoons simple syrup
2/3 cup dry champagne, chilled

Garnish with a lemon curl.

Pour the gin, lemon, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into glass. Top with champagne. Garnish with a lemon twist.

This drink is at its most refined when served in a vintage cocktail glass. For something to nibble on, I suggest serving some nice creamy brie and crusty french bread.

* Image from www.epicurious.com

 

5 comments:

JMW said...

That sounds delicious! I will definitely have to try that. And, I love the Oscar Wilde quote below. Fabulous! Great blog!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

This is my first visit to your wonderful blog!!!

This cocktail sounds amazing!!! I am definitely giving it a try!!!

I am looking forward to my next visit!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

QueenBeeSwain said...

gin and bubbles, yes and yes :)

xoox

kHm

Petunia said...

Yum, yum, & yum! :)

Unknown said...

This sounds like something we should enjoy next time we all get together.




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow