Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Poetry in a Glass



The Dark 'N' Stormy is often described as Bermuda's National Drink and is an intoxicating blend of Bermuda ease and British Colonial panache. I first tried this drink , not in Bermuda but at The Cloister at Sea Island, in the River Bar. This neo-classically cool drink is a great way to quench your thirst on a hot summer night.



Ingredients:


2 ounces dark rum- Goslings Black Seal works the best


3 ounces Barritt's ginger beer


Lime garnish

Combine the rum and ginger beer in a Collins glass filled with ice cubes and stir. It is very important to use Goslings and Barritt's if you are seeking the authentic Dark 'N' Stormy, if not, any dark rum and ginger beer will work.

*Image from webflags.com and esquire.com

 

12 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

Love the name and where the drink originated. xoxo

Brunch at Saks said...

Sounds interesting! I don't drink, but the boy does, so I might have to make this one night for him! Hope you have a great weekend :) XO

Jo said...

This sounds wonderful ~ will have to give it a try this weekend!

Jo

pve design said...

My Mother and I went to Bermuda, I was pregnant!
What a pair were we... I missed out on this drink, perhaps I will plan a trip to go back and try this refreshing drink.
pve

LPC said...

What has caused the current resurgence, do you know?

Matters of Style said...

I keep hearing about the Dark 'n Stormy lately; there have been a lot of mentions in the Washington Post over the last few weeks. I will need to give it a try!

Darrah said...

Sounds like a nice drink. I think I'm mixing some drinks tonight for "Girl's Night!"

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ohhhhhhhh, I have to ask my Mom if she had one when she was there. Sounds delicious!

Kalee said...

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am not exactly sure what has caused the sudden resurgence, I know that there are have been some legal and trademark issues going on. Other than that, I am not certain, but I am pleased that this great drink is growing in popularity.

Jessica Ryan said...

one word... YUM!

Unknown said...

Ah, the Cloister at Sea Island! I attended the most fabulous wedding there last Spring. It's one gorgeous spot. I would love to be sitting under the stars, sipping on a Dark 'N' Stormy right about now.

Cheers.

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

So happy to have just found your blog. I love it! And I have to say that Dark n Stormies are my favorite cocktail! Making sure you use Gosling's Rum and Barritt's Ginger Beer is key. We just spent a week on Cape Cod and made them almost every night! They have great dark n stormies at Wicker Park in NYC too!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow