Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
The Perfect Cheese Plate



When entertaining, a cheese plate is often in order. The perfect cheese plate should be easy to assemble, crowd pleasing and make a beautiful presentation. When assembling, it is important to keep the following tips in mind.

1-2 ounces of cheese per person
4-5 different cheeses-soft, semi-soft, firm, hard, wild card
Arrange the cheese starting with the lightest to the most robust flavor
Add a touch of color and variety with food items such as marcona almonds and quince paste
Allow cheese to come to room temperature before serving
Keep several knives close at hand


I like to serve with a grilled baguette, thinly sliced. This is a bit more interesting than a traditional cracker and is always well received.

Williams Sonoma Slate Cheese Board $39.95.


Pottery Barn marble cheese board $29.00.



The Merry Martini turtle cutting board $25. http://www.themerrymartini.com/


*The first image is Mariposa and it can be found at www.silverimpressions.com.

 

6 comments:

Chic Coles said...

What beautiful cheese boards. I really like the marble pottery barn board! One of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans is St. James Cheese Shop and they do a wonderful cheese board. Thank you for giving us instructions as to how to make our own!

Pinot after Playdates said...

the turtle cheese board is adorable!

Domestic Diva said...

Love this post! New follower and look forward to reading! Love your blog. Have a fabulous day!!
xxx me

LPC said...

Here in Northern California, home of Cowgirl Creamery etc., we'd say "Don't forget the honey:)." P.S. I'm liking your blog too, just subscribed.

Kalee said...

Hi LPC! I too love honey with a cheese plate, especially from The Savannah Bee Company! Thanks for your thoughts.

Unknown said...

Love, love, love cheese plates! And grilled baguette is my absolute favorite!

http://playlosangeles.blogspot.com/

xoxo
Shelle




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow