Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas


Season's Greetings! My apologies for my absence but I am thrilled to be back with y'all to kick off my favorite time of year. For me, this is a season filled with love, fragrant garland, giant magnolia leaves, and maybe even a bit of snow (not very likely in Georgia). In honor of the season, I want to share with y'all one of my favorite treats- bourbon balls. These goodies are excellent to have on hand for when friends and family stop by and also make a delightful gift when packaged in a festive box.

Bourbon Balls

1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened

2 pounds confectioners' sugar, sifted

1/3 cup Bourbon (I suggest Woodford Reserve)

1 cup chopped pecans

6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, cut into fine pieces

1 (1 1/2 ") square of paraffin

Cream butter with 1 pound of sugar; blend Bourbon with 1 pound of sugar. Combine the sugar mixtures and pecans, mixing thoroughly. Refrigerate until chilled; shape into small balls. Melt chocolate and paraffin together in the top of a small double boiler over hot, not boiling water. Working rapidly, dip balls one at a time in the chocolate; place on wax paper to dry.



*Images from myideashome.com and ehow.com.

 

8 comments:

Chic Coles said...

Yum those Bourban Balls look so good.We are saving the recipe to try for Christmas. Thank you.

JMW said...

I love bourbon balls! Bring on the holidays!

Southern Aspirations said...

I ADORE bourbon balls. One of the best things about this season. :-) And the mantel shown above is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Mmmm - sound good and look good too!
Drop into my tea party - we are having Vietnamese this time!
Patsy and I have even dressed up for the occasion :-)
Everyone welcome!

Vintage Living Magazine said...

Yummy! Anything with sugar and bourbon in it must be good. :-)

Shannon

Magdalena said...

Oh MY, I just love Bourbon Balls, my grandma use to make them every Christmas. I'm going to give your recipe a try...can't wait!!

Basil Becky said...

So glad you are back!! Being from Kentucky, where Bourbon is a staple, I am so anxious to try your recipe.

Kalee said...

I absolutely agree, Shannon! Anything with Bourbon and sugar just has to be good :).

Bunny, you will have to let me know what you think of this recipe. I would never dream of making something better than Grandma as I know how very special those recipes are! That said, I hope one bite takes you back to your childhood sitting at Grandma's table for the holidays :).




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow