Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Cin-Cin


Perhaps my favorite time of the day is cocktail hour, for my husband and me it is the time sit out on the front porch and enjoy good conversation. I am very proud to be from the great Bluegrass state of Kentucky and as such it only seems appropriate that the first happy hour drink I share with y'all be the classic Mint Julep.



Classic Mint Julep
6 0r 7 fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon simple syrup (see recipe below)
2 ounces bourbon

Combine the mint leaves, syrup, and bourbon in a silver julep cup or cocktail glass. Using a bar spoon, crush the mint to release its essence into the liquid. Fill the cup with crushed ice. Gently press the spoon into the ice, shaking it to incorporate the bourbon-syrup mixture. Add the garnish.

Serves 1.

Simple Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup sugar

Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat to a boil while stirring. Reduce the heat and continue to stir until the sugar dissolve. Cool to room temperature. Using a funnel, pour the syrup into a clean container and store in the refrigerator indefinitely.

Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

 

0 comments:




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow