Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Cheers for Happy Hour!



" The aim of this life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." -Henry Miller


The Pimm's Cup is one of my absolute favorite drinks. It happens to be the official drink of Wimbledon and they make a really fantastic one at The Napoleon House in New Orleans. A little moody drink with the most fabulous garnishes, I am always a happy lady when a Pimm's Cup is in hand. I particularly fell in love with this drink while studying at Oxford. The original recipe remains a mystery but below you can find a modern day Pimm's Cup recipe.

1 1/4 ounces Pimm's No. 1 liqueur

4 ounces lemonade

1 ounce 7up

Garnish- cucumber curl, mint leaves, borage leaves (an herb that taste like cucumber), apple slices, orange slice, lemon slice, strawberry piece or basically whatever you want that is pretty and refreshing.

Pour the liqueur, lemonade and 7up into a highball glass filled with ice cubes, stir well and garnish.

*Image from myrecipes.com

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love Pimms! Love your blog, am off to explore it a little more :)

Best wishes from London, England :)

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! I love your blog as well and I added myself as a follower!

SM said...

As I was reading an earlier post with a cocktail recipe and was wondering when the pimms cup would make its way on here!! Pimms and punting.... what a summer!!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow