Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Time for a Drink


We are back from a relaxing and wonderful trip to the coast, thank you for all of your warm wishes! My two puppies, Maybelle and Pepper, had an especially grand time swimming in all of the tide pools- who knew that King Charles Spaniels loved the ocean so much!

White Sangria is a great drink for a sultry summer night, as it is both refreshing and light. I especially like to play with using different garnishes, everything from apple slices to whole strawberries looks fabulous!


1 bottle dry white wine
1/2 cup orange liqueur
1 unpeeled lime, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1 unpeeled lemon, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1 1/2 cup halved green grapes
2 cups chilled sparkling water, or more to taste

Garnish with whole strawberries or apple slices

Combine wine, liqueur, sugar, and fruit in a large pitcher and refrigerate overnight. Pour into cocktail glasses filled with ice and top off with sparkling water. For the garnish, slice strawberries halfway, from the bottom to the top, and place on rim of wine goblet. Serves 8 - 10.
*Recipe from Southern Cocktails, image-missgraciousliving at Southern Accents

 

10 comments:

QueenBeeSwain said...

sounds incredible, I might just appear with an empty glass and a sad orphan face to get some ;)

kHm

. said...

wow, looks and sounds delicious!

Christina said...

sounds yummy, glad you had a good time. ("pepper" is an incredibly cute name for a dog!)

beachvintage.com said...

Yum Yum Yum, nothing like a recipe for a cocktail. Thanks.

Mindy Lockard Etiquette said...

Thanks for the recipe it looks like summer in a pitcher...

Megan said...

I love Sangria! Thanks for the receipe!

Also, I didn't realize you had Cavaliers! Did I miss this somewhere!

The Mrs. said...

So good!!! Love your blog!!! I'm a follower!

Nicole Marie said...

oh sounds like you had a great time!!

Southern Aspirations said...

Thought I posted a comment and realized I didn't... lovely drink! and sounds like a great trip.

Kalee said...

Yes, I have the sweetest puppies! Maybelle is 3 three years old and is a spunky Blenheim and Pepper is 1 1/2 and is a tri-color. My husband is a big bourbon drinker, so Pepper is named after Elijah Pepper who was one of the original master distillers at Labrot & Graham (Woodford Reserve).




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow