Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
May I Get You A Drink: Apple Cider Martini

{Image from martinilovers.com}

I'll be honest, I am not generally a fan of the designer martini trend. I don't enjoy blue or overly sweetened pseudo-martinis with elaborate names. I guess that you could say I am a sort of martini traditionalist ( dirty with lots of juicy olives, please). However, I changed my mind just a smidge one chilly day last October when I first had this delicious beverage at a favorite local restaurant. The bartender was just playing around with different drinks and created the following delectable drink. I think that it is pure genius in a glass. Let me know what you think!

Apple Cider Martini

2 & 1/2 oz. vanilla vodka
2 oz. apple cider
2 & 1/2 oz. brandy
Fresh lemon juice (one large wedge)
Dash of cinnamon
Teaspoon brown sugar
Teaspoon powder sugar

Place all ingredients in a shaker and give a good mix. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a cinnamon stick. Cheers!


 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This would have been perfect for my fall dinner party last night! Into the files it goes. Love a chic drink!

Unknown said...

Oh yes... absolute genius! This sounds fabulous!

Kalee said...

Hi PPT- do let me know if you try to the drink soon. I just know that you will adore it like I do!

Kalee said...

Thanks, Terri! I hope that you enjoy this fabulous fall drink.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

This will be added to my Autumn cocktail list!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow