Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Cheers for Happy Hour!

Before the boots, plaid and cider, let's raise our glasses to a wonderful summer filled with memories sure to last a lifetime. This cocktail brings to mind long days at the beach, colorful fireworks filling the summer sky and the juiciest watermelon imaginable- I give you, The Lemon Verbena Cocktail.



The Lemon Verbena Cocktail is a light and refreshing cocktail, a perfect farewell to summer. The use of crushed ice is crucial to creating the delicious overall effect. Enjoy!


Lemon Verbena Cocktail

1/2 cup fresh lemon verbena
1/2 of a lemon
2 tbsp. simple syrup
2-3 ounces gin
club soda


Muddle verbena, lemon and simple syrup in the bottom of a tall Collins glass. Add the gin. Put crushed ice on top of the mixture and top off with club soda. Garnish with a lemon wheel.

*Image and recipe from drinkoftheweek.com

 

12 comments:

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

Salud!! Enjoy your weekend.

David Toms said...

I love lemon verbena and I love gin! So this is absolutel perfect!

I am going to have one today!

JMW said...

That sound delicious! May have to try that this weekend. Have a great holiday!

Sahildeki Ev said...

Serefe! as we say here to a lovely summer.By the way I will also try your receipe, İt sounds very good.

annechovie said...

I don't drink, but I do love lemons, verbena and lemon verbena! LOL. That photo you commented on was actually taken at Morocco in Epcot, Disneyworld, of all places! Have a great holiday weekend!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Sounds so summery and fresh!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Sounds delish! Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Magdalena said...

What a great summer it was!! and this drink looks so fab, must give it a try.

vicki archer said...

The perfect drink....Have a very happy weekend, xv.

debra@dustjacket said...

Mmm wouldn't say no to that drink, beautiful.

Have a fab weekend,
xoxo

Jessica Ryan said...

i love the smell of lemon verbena... mmmmmm! Where do I find this? Sounds like a wonderful cocktail!

Anonymous said...

Did you know that 'happy hour' has now been banned in Scotland as of last week? That's how much of an insane country we are! Loving the cocktail all the same...




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow