Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Delicious Spread


Benedictine is a traditional food found deep in the heart of the bluegrass state of Kentucky. This creamy spread is often used in tea sandwiches but also makes a delicious topper for crackers and vegetables.
Recipe
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp. mayonnaise
3 tbsp grated cucumber, drained well with a paper towel
1 tsp finely chopped green onions, with tops
1 drop food coloring
1 dash of Tabasco sauce
Mix all ingredients together and chill overnight.
*Recipe from Kentucky's Best, image from foodnetwork.com

 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I might give that a try! I love the idea of tea sandwiches!

Porchlight Interiors said...

It's all about the presentation...these look gorgeous and delicious! Tracey xx

Kassie said...

Oh goodness, i think my heart just skipped a beat. This looks fantastic!

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

I love tea sandwiches and Benedictine looks great. Is there a substitute for cream cheese please?

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm i will have to try this!

fresh365 said...

I have never heard of Benedictine before! But this looks really great!

Kalee said...

Hi Swapna! You could use creme fraiche or maybe greek yogurt as a substitute. It would change the flavor a bit but I am sure it would still taste delicious!

Maureen Stevens said...

haven't tried these before, they look yummy!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow