Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Best of the Best-Barcelona


As I mentioned in a previous post, my husband and I recently took an amazing trip to the vibrant and beautiful city of Barcelona with two of our good friends. We had a wonderful time eating and site seeing in Spain. The following is my Best of the Best list for the city that we all loved so much.



Best of the Best-Barcelona



  • Antoni Gaudi- We devoted an entire day to this Catalan master. Though his work is all over the city, it was interesting to view the progression of his work in one day. I am fascinated by Gaudi's innovative style, especially that nearly 100 years since his death his work retains an air of freshness and innovation. I especially loved Sagrada Familia and Park Guell. When visiting Sagrada Familia, take the time to visit the museum in the crypt and go up to the top of a bell tower, you won't be disappointed.

  • La Boqueria- This is an absolute must for foodies! My husband was delighted with the opportunity to eat hard to find Iberico ham and we all enjoyed the freshly squeezed juice stalls and beautiful array of vegetables, fruit and fish. I recommend going early and going hungry.

  • Montserrat- Dramatically perched high on top of a mountain outside of Barcelona, a trip to Montserrat is a true treat. We were able to see the icon that is the patron virgin of Catalonia and hear the monks sing their 6:00 hymn. Simply amazing.

  • Take a walk through the Gothic Quarter- Take the time to stroll through the preserved Gothic Quarter. Stop for a drink and some tapas along the way and meander through the eclectic stores. If you are an art lover like me, be sure to go to The Picasso Museum.

  • Eat some tapas- We especially liked Cerveceria Catalana, El Xampanyet, Inopia and El Quim de la Boqueria. Barcelona is a wonderful place to eat, the places I suggested are truly great but good food abounds in this fascinating city.


* First image courtesey of uah.edu.- my compliments to the photographer!

 

8 comments:

QueenBeeSwain said...

I am so so jeal of your trip! I studied in Malaga in college and I just adore Spain. My mouth is drooling over the thought of some late night Jamon Iberico and sangria whilst trotting about the Plaza Mayor!

xoox

kHm

Domestic Diva said...

Love the photos..sounds like a grand time!!
xxx me

Basil Becky said...

wow..I want to go but only if it is with you and your wonderful husband.

Rebecca Corvese said...

Barcelona looks beautiful. It's on my list of must-see places in the world. Thanks for the post!

Oliveaux said...

Sounds & looks so wonderful...I would love to visit one day! Ax

Chic Coles said...

You are so lucky to have gone! I have always wanted to go to Barcelona! Thanks for including your fav. spots for when I do finally get a chance to go!

annechovie said...

Great list! I am hoping to make it to Barcelona one of these days. Thanks for your visit and comment and have a super weekend.

Megan said...

My husband and I have been considering going to Spain for Christmas this year. If so, I'll be asking you tons of questions!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow