Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Let's Get Charged!


I enjoy chargers. I like how by simply changing a charger, you change the tone of the table. My favorites are the silver monogrammed and rattan chargers. How about you? My mother-in-law has the most fantastic feather chargers and I also love it when we sit down to eat and the feather chargers on are the table. It is always a celebration when the feather chargers are out- very African safari/ Hemingway chic.


So, do tell! Do you like chargers and if so, what style do you prefer?


Fabulous and feathered?

Silver with a hint of detail?
Square rattan?


Classic prep?




Or do you like to take a walk on the wild side?




Eco-chic bamboo chargers?




Sweet robin's egg blue with gold trim?



*Images from pioneerlinens.com,replacements.com, silverqueen.com,static.liketocook.com, sellglassplate.com, weddingbee.com, chinese porcelain.com, someofmyfavoritethings.com, nybgshop.org

 

13 comments:

Helen said...

Oooh, I like the last one a lot. It's sooo elegant!

Suburban Princess said...

I have a set of really nice cherry wood chargers - they go with every set of dishes I have! I love using chargers - I keep collecting them in all different styles!

Laura Trevey said...

Love the robin's egg blue one!!

(you are too funny with your apple cider and riding boots :)

Have a good one!
Laura

Jane said...

Isn't it interesting I think a charger in the US is what we would call a placemat, maybe. I think porcelain ones are beautiful and very luxurious. We have some beautiful woven ones we bought in Indonesia many years ago - they are 'everywhere' now! We also have some amazing carved wooden ones, with elephants around the edge - as you say, very Hemingway or maybe Karen Blitzen...

Pigtown*Design said...

LOVE the robin's egg one!

Jenn @ Dear Heart said...

I love the bamboo and giraffe print ones.. I wonder what that says about me!

Anonymous said...

ooo they are all so cute! i especially love the fun print one and the feathered one. great post!

Confessions Of A Domestic Goddess said...

I love the robin egg's blue one!!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

The bamboo & silver piece is such an exotic combination...love that! Hope you are having a lovely weekend~ xo*

A Pretty Trip said...

Be still my beating heart for that silver charger! So gorgeous...

Emily said...

Love the robin's egg blue charger!

Nishant said...

Love the robin's egg blue one!! Work from home India

And So I Whisper said...

Love the giraffe design!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow