Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
To Gift or Not to Gift

When attending a party, I always like to bring a little something to say thank you. This is easiest if you know a thing or two about the host/hostess and can personalize the gift. If you do not know your host, do not fear, there are plenty of gifts all can appreciate. Here are some of my favorite gifts to give in thanks-


A classic board game tied with a big red bow.


A galvanized bucket filled with a potted plant- something that your host can use later.


If the host is a great cook, give an interesting spice along with a recipe.



Four tea towels rolled up, tied with a thin ribbon and placed in a decorative tin.



If your host/hostess is particularly charitable, donate a small gift in honor of him/her to a favorite charity. Give a card that describes the gift and the charity. There is no need to name the amount, it is the thought that counts.

If bring a bottle you must, make it something interesting and smile inducing, such as a bottle of Cava or Prosecco. I prefer Mastinell cava, delicious.


* Images from productwiki.com, country living, amazon.com, doseofdesign, aspca.com, cellerslavinya.blogspot

The bottom line is, it is always nice to give a thoughtful gift. Your host/hostess will certainly appreciate the gesture. Be fun and creative!

 

20 comments:

Megan said...

I love the board game idea, cute!

QueenBeeSwain said...

those are all fab gifts and anyone would love to receive them!

kHm

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Donating to a fave charity in honor of him/her is the best! been there & done that...Luv it!

Under this Umbrella said...

How right you are! Love your ideas and it is always nice to remind and offer new suggestions!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love hostess gifts!

annechovie said...

Some terrific suggestions! Thank you so much for making my day with your kind comment!

Basil Becky said...

I love to take a gift. Since I am nuts about herbs I love to take something along the herbal lines..Sometimes I will take a bottle of herb vinegar with a recipe or some homemade pesto. I also love to take an herbal arrangement in a cute can or jar. It is important to have this so they do not have too mess with finding a container. I seem to always be invited back!

MyStyles said...

Great ideas!!!

Hillary said...

What a sweet idea. I would be happy to receive any of those!

LPC said...

Along these lines is to give a set of guest bathroom towels. You know, nice ones, maybe with embroidery, to replace the ones your host mistakenly brought home from the fitness club bathroom....

vicki archer said...

Great suggestions - I love the idea of the board game...perfect, xv.

Laura said...

I am a rabid Monopoly fan...my family always groans when I bring it out. But I would forever love the person that gave it to me as a gift!

Posh Peach said...

These are great ideas! I am always trying to come up with something to bring when I stay with my boyfriend's family when we visit them.

bluehydrangea said...

Love a unique hostess gift! You have some great ideas. Thanks for stopping by Blue Hydrangea!

Unknown said...

I love finding neat and interesting hostess gifts. However, I'm a bit stumped: we're leaving tomorrow to visit my boyfriend's family down south, and I have not the slightest idea what to get his mother! What do you get the woman who has everything in the world?

Suggestions?

Cheers.

Kalee said...

Hi Her name was Lola! I am flattered that you ask and, I also happen to be southern, so maybe I can help. If I were you, I would bring a bit of the city to them. Have they visited you? If so, did they take a liking to anything? Maybe bring some authentic NY bagels-this would be an easy thing. I would put them in a big red bag (think- The Big Apple)and attach a hand written thank you note. I will be thinking more about this one...

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm a big fan of gifting Prosecco!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Oh and I'm totally stealing the tea towel idea. SO sweet!

Things That Inspire said...

It is definitely the best to tailor a gift to your host/hostess...unfortunately, I tend to default to the bottle of wine but try to get the best I can afford, and the varietal that I know my host will enjoy. I love some of these other ideas!

blue moss said...

love the board game idea!!
thanks for visiting
michelle




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow