Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Julep Cups- Part Deux

The possibilities are endless...





A set of julep cups is an entertaining essential, especially in the south. I love to use the cups in unexpected ways, for example as a container for cheese straws or maybe as a desk accessory acting as a pen holder. Sterling julep cups make the most beautiful vases, especially when using arrangements featuring peonies or hydrangeas.
*Images from classifieds.weddingbee.com,zoelingard.com/blog, twirlandtaste.com

 

6 comments:

theluckiestmrs said...

Living in Kentucky, I especially enjoyed your feature on mint julep cups! We used some in our table decorations for our wedding, and I think they are just always so classic & festive!

Jane said...

I agree I think they look beautiful. Also in a world of glass porcelain and plastic it is really nice to have silver on the table. And strangely enough I find cleaning silver satisfying, not annoying! I love these cups for flowers especially on a bedside table. And for grissini with drinks. xox

pve design said...

I miss "Dolfingers" - they had the prettiest mint julep cups!
My Mom has a collection and mine is growing! I love them for holding art pencils too.
pve

Laura Trevey said...

Gorgeous Roses in the cup!!

Kassie said...

Beautiful!!

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I use mine as a pen cup! Love these!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow