Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
High Tea


Quintessentially British and utterly civilized, there is nothing quite like afternoon tea at The Savoy Hotel in London.

My husband and I took afternoon tea at The Savoy on our third date and it is a memory that I dearly cherish. We sipped tea while feasting on the most delicious array of treats and finger sandwiches, such as scones, pastry swans, prawn and spring onion sandwiches with sun-dried tomato bread and roast beef sandwiches with horseradish cream.

The next time that you find yourself in London, put on your prettiest dress and treat yourself to a touch of indulgence-spend an afternoon taking tea at The Savoy. Patricia Ross Cress writes in That Tea Book, " It is a near-perfect setting, a trompe l'oeil garden surrounds you, complimented by beautiful Art Deco mirrors. Settle down in a comfortable sofa and wonder at the unparalleled ambiance".



 

5 comments:

Under this Umbrella said...

You are so right...I did this many years ago when I was visiting London with my family. My mother and I went and it was fabulous.

Love your blog...just found you and have just read several of your posts. I'm a follower and look forward to more. Welcome to Blogland!

LPC said...

How about the Connaught? That's where my dad and I had breakfast the year I lived in London after college...

Kalee said...

Hi LPC! I have not had the pleasure of having tea at the Connaught, though I am sure that it is quite nice. My husband and I have had cocktails at the Coburg Bar (at the hotel), which is very stylish.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Your hubs officially rocks. Mine is less than willing to experience high tea!

Matters of Style said...

Lovely! I have had high tea in London, but not at the Savoy. I will need to try it next time I am there. Which hopefully will be sooner than later!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow