Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Saturday Soiree- Father's Day



Father's Day, which always falls on the third Sunday of the month of June, is a terrific opportunity to celebrate the guy that has been with you from day one. Invite your special guy over for a casual celebration honoring him. Below you will find my tips for a flawless Father's Day soiree.

Menu:
Chili cheese slaw dogs with a toasted bun. Go for the big guns and buy the best all beef hotdogs that you can find. Grill dogs and bun accordingly. Slap some spicy chili on top (can be store bought, if necessary) and then sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar. For the final layer, top with slaw.



I like my slaw to be tangy and not super creamy. My recipe is simple and can be easily adjusted to serve a crowd.

1 cabbage head
1 vidalla onion (you will need a few tbsp)
Celery seed ( 1 tbsp)
White wine vingear (1-2 tbsp)
Mayo (I like Duke's) ( 1/2 to 1 cup)
Salt

Wash cabbage and discard rough outer layers. Finely chop 1/2 head. Add to bowl. Finely chop onion and add according to taste (I use about 2 tbsp). Add mayo, white wine vinegar and salt. Chill and serve.

Homemade Baked Potato Chips- These are so good that I can't believe everybody doesn't make them!




1 bag russet potatoes (be sure to properly scrub)
Olive oil (3 tbsp)
Sea salt
Pepper

Grease a cookie sheet and preheat oven to 350. Thinly (this is crucial!) slice potatoes. Place olive oil in a shallow bowl or dish and season with salt and pepper. Quickly dip slice in oil and place on cookie sheet. Completely fill sheet by placing slices in rows. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are quite crispy.

Slaw (see above)
Watermelon
Chocolate Pecan Pie

Drink: Root Beer in glass bottles served with red and white striped straws, lemonade and Dad's favorite beer.



Music: A playlist of Dad's favorites. For me, this is easy, Mellencamp and The Stones.



Decor: This is intended to be a casual and easy celebration. Pull out your favorite bright tablecloth, add fresh flowers and have fun. Decorate the space with photos of you and Dad. I found this great idea at Daily Danny and I just love it! Fill with your photos for a fabulous centerpiece!



Dress: As always, edressme is my go to source for all things fabulous. While at eDressme, look under casual dresses for my picks.







Happy Father's Day!!



*Images from wondercliparts.com, huffingtonpost.com, lonelyplanet.com, carolyn roehm via letter2mom.com,dailydanny.com, edressme

 

3 comments:

Magdalena said...

Lovely post filled with so many great ideas, I love that carolyne Roehm table setting she is so fabulous!
xoxo
Bunny

Annemarie said...

Love this post! Those chilli dogs would have been perfect!! And those dresses are all super cute :) xoxo

Karena said...

Perfect choices and I adore the dresses!

Come and join my wonderful Giveaway!

Karena
Art by Karena




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow