Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
On Your Next Visit to Savannah...



You have to eat at Zunzi's! Sure, Savannah is widely celebrated for rich Southern cuisine, but one of my favorite dining spots in The Hostess City offers an eclectic mix of international dishes and not a fried item on the menu. Please don't misunderstand, I do love fried Southern goodness, but Zunzi's is not to be missed. It is open until 6 PM and is located on the corner of Drayton and Whitaker.

I love the falafel sandwich, which is served on a pita with wonderful tzatziki sauce. The African Tea is the perfect way to quench your thirst, you must try it! Zunzi's offers only outdoor seating and expect a line at the counter. Everything on the menu is delicious, reasonably priced and the owners are a delight.
*Image from travelpod.com.

 

6 comments:

Megan said...

That sounds delicious; one of my favorite things to eat is falafel! I've never been to Savannah, but when we go, I'll remember your suggestion!

annechovie said...

I haven't been to Savannah yet, but if I go I will keep in mind your recommendation. Thank you!

Brunch at Saks said...

Mmm everything you wrote about sounds so delicious!!! :) xoxo

Basil Becky said...

I have eaten there, it was great. I would go again and again!

Ann said...

Hmmm... sounds delish, but a couple of pics of those foods would've made me drool....

Oliveaux said...

Sounds fabulous & I love to eat falafel. Ax




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow