Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Oh Fiddle-Dee-Dee

{tvworthwatching.com}

This past weekend, I spent the most enjoyable evening at my in-laws new home. It was a delightful night filled with decorating fun, a great run, delectable Mexican food and one of my favorite movies-Gone With The Wind.  No other movie speaks to the era of romance and charm as well as this beloved classic. I have adored this film since childhood when I carried a GWTW lunchbox and dreamed of the dashing Mr. Butler. While in college, my sorority sisters and I would pile onto a bunk bed and sit mesmerized for hours. 

Whether you hail from below or above The Mason-Dixon or from someplace completely across the world- I think that inside every little girl ( and many boys!) is a Scarlett just itching to steal the scene. Oh my, my you sweet darling boy! 



Rhett Butler: No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.

Scarlett: Great balls of fire. Don't bother me anymore, and don't call me sugar. 

Rhett Butler: I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over. 

Scarlett: Sir, you are no gentleman.
Rhett Butler: And you, Miss, are no lady. 

Scarlett: Rhett! Rhett, where are you going?
Rhett Butler: I'm going back to Charleston, back where I belong.
Scarlett: Please, please take me with you!
Rhett Butler: No, I'm through with everything here. I want peace. I want to see if somewhere there isn't something left in life of charm and grace. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Scarlett: No! I only know that I love you.
Rhett Butler: That's your misfortune.
[Rhett turns to walk down the stairs]
Scarlett: Oh, Rhett!
[Scarlett watches Rhett walk to the door]
Scarlett: Rhett!
[runs down the stairs after Rhett]
Scarlett: Rhett, Rhett!
[catches him as he's walking out the front door

Mammy: It ain't fittin'... it ain't fittin'. It jes' ain't fittin'... It ain't fittin'. 

Scarlett: As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

{tonnerdoll.com}


 

5 comments:

Jane said...

Loved the book and love the film, which I rewatched a year or so ago. Her character is very timeless and because she is a bit unpleasant and self serving in some ways she is so real. You forgot the quote about birthin babies, that is one of my favourites. ..

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

I have a friend whose siblings (and himself - he's Ashley) are named after Gone With the Wind characters. Hilarious.

Kalee said...

You are absolutely right, Jane! How could I forget Prissy's infamous rant?!

Kalee said...

Hi Deanna- that is hysterical and an example of a true Gone With The Wind fan!

annechovie said...

What a classic! My grandfather was Margaret Mitchell's paperboy in Atlanta. Have a great week!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow