Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
In The Mood For Fall

{Image via the lovely blissful.blogspot}

As I sit here sweltering in the 90 plus degree weather it is difficult to believe that fall is truly just around the corner (Wednesday to be precise).  I eagerly look forward to gazing at the foliage as it magically transforms from verdant green to flame orange and deep burgundy. I cannot wait for chunky sweaters, cozy leather boots and a nip in the air...though I have a feeling that I will be waiting for quite some time!

 I have yet to discover a product that infuses a home with warmth and comfort like a simmering pot of mulling spices. Below is my recipe for the most delightful fall mulling spices but feel free to adjust quantities and ingredients to your preference. Perhaps the best part is that this can be drained and enjoyed as the perfect fall beverage!



Mulling Spices

Bottle of mediocre red wine (don't spend too much- the flavor is transformed anyway)
Two cinnamon sticks
Cardamom pod
Star anise
Dried orange peel
Handful of dried cloves

Bring the wine (or apple juice if you prefer) to a low simmer and add all spices. Reduce to lowest heat and 
allow to simmer away filling your home with the most delicious aroma. Strain and drink- cheers!


 

10 comments:

JMW said...

I'm with you - so ready for the hot weather to retreat. Bring on fall's crisp, cool days, beautiful foliage and fantastic fashion!

Laura Trevey said...

Oh, how I love the smells of Autumn...

xoxo

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

It's still ridiculously hot here in Tampa too. I am SO ready for some cool weather, so I can bust out my riding boots!

Anonymous said...

i am getting excited for the fall too. already put out some of my fall decor already :D

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Cannot beliee it's 90 degrees where you are!! It's getting cool here- I love fall in New England :)

Unknown said...

Love the images....and I love the smell of mulling spices on the stove. Instant fall!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Great post! I am so ready for fall too!

Maureen Stevens said...

love,love the colors, yes, so ready for Fall!

Fifi Flowers said...

GREAT Fall photos!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

We are visiting my parents in Wisconsin this weekend and fall is here, it was even chilly this morning.

Your blog design is adorable!Thanks for stopping by.

Londen




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow