Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
May I Get You A Drink: Negroni

{Image courtesy of grapesandgrainnyc}

The Negroni is a classic Italian cocktail that is allegedly named after a fun loving Italian count. Hmmm...a refreshing drink named after a bad-boy count? Yes, please! This cocktail is traditionally considered to be an apertif, which is a pre-dinner drink intended to whet the appetite. That said, this drink is perfect for anytime- before dinner, after dinner or without any food at all.

1 oz. gin
1 oz. sweet vermouth
1 oz Campari (remember those divine Jessica Alba ads?)
Orange Twist

Pour all ingredients into an Old-Fashioned cocktail glass filled with ice (cubes) and stir gently. Garnish with orange twist. For a different take on the drink, add a splash of club soda.

TCH Tip- We all know of my professed love of champagne and here is a twist that I am itching to try (perhaps tonight!). Serve drink in a martini glass and top with champagne for a Sparkling Negroni. 


 

6 comments:

Joyce said...

This sounds like a perfect weekend drink. xo

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Pretty sure I'm going to love this blog, so happy I found it:)

Sahildeki Ev said...

The name and the story sounds very inviting.. I will give it a try :))

Kalee said...

Welcome, bricarwaller. It is a pleasure to have your company and I look forward to getting acquainted. Take care!

Kalee said...

I hope that you do, Turquoise Diaries! It is a lovely little drink.

Unknown said...

I want to try your sparkling negroni!!!! How refreshing!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow