Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
A Few Really Fabulous Tips




The time has finally come to bid a fond farewell to the warm days of sunshine, juicy watermelon and sweet vine ripened tomatoes. Though an intense hot continues to dominate days in the deep south, we keep getting little {ok, tiny} hints that fall is on its way. As I say my good-byes to the summer of 2010, I wanted to share with y'all a few fabulous tips that I learned over the last few months.
  • Store your plastic wrap in the freezer. When you go to use it, it will not stick. Girl Scout's honor. This one is sure to ban kitchen side battles with the plastic as you attempt to cover your beloved chicken mole. 
  • Keep a fresh and clean toothbrush on hand in the kitchen. This is the very best way to get those pesky silks off of corn. 
  • This one is courtesy of my lovely mother-in-law. Two cans of pitted Kalamata olives combined in the food processor with a jar of sundried tomatoes and feta cheese makes the most delicious & quick tapenade. 
  • A little bit of brown sugar combined with honey makes the most scrumptious body scrub! 
  • Transform a vintage scarf into a fabulous handbag by folding into a triangle and then tying a knot in the two ends forming the apex. Bring the remaining two sides together and tie in an additional knot. Sling over your arm and you are ready to hit the town!


 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these practical tips! Plastic wrap....to the freezer!

Monika said...

Great ideas, thanks for sharing! Have a nice weekend, Monika

Kalee said...

Hi Pretty Pink Tulips! Don't you just adore little tips like these that make life easier and just a bit more chic?! I sure do! Take care.

Kalee said...

Hi Miss Monika, thanks for your kind words. Wishing you a delightful weekend!

Anonymous said...

great tips!

JMW said...

Love that last image - great top! And great tips!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Nice tips- thanks. Enjoy your weekend!!

Beach House Living said...

Great tips. Will have to try the freezer for the plastic wrap.

Kalee said...

Hi Beach House Living- do let me know how the frozen wrap works for you! Though a small thing it was a huge realization for me! Take care and I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend.

paula said...

great tips!

Haven and Home said...

I am taking the plastic wrap and olive recipe to the bank, I will have to try them out!

Unknown said...

These are such great tips! LOVE the plastic wrap and the dip...I need all the help I can get, keep em' coming!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow