Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Something's Fishy...


{Image via homemakers.com}

Whether entertaining a crowd of 50 or 5, we all appreciate a dish that is easy to throw together and delicious. One such go-to recipe for me is the following Creamy Salmon Dip. The recipe is originally from Notably Nashville: A Medley of Tastes and Traditions (Jr. League of Nashville) cookbook though I have modified the recipe to suit my family's tastes.

Creamy Salmon Dip

9 ounces whipped cream cheese (Philadelphia)
1/3 cup chopped red onion
4 ounces smoked salmon 
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon fresh dillweed
1 tablespoon drained capers

Combine the cream cheese and onion in a food processor and pulse to mix well. Add the salmon, lemon juice, dillweed and capers. Pulse to mix well. Serve immediately with crackers and vegetables ( I serve it with crostini and blanched green beans & asparagus). Will keep in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. 



 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks delicious!!
xo Elizabeth

LiveLikeYou said...

YUM! Looks delicious. I'm the worst cook but I love to eat!!

Kalee said...

Hi LiveLikeYou, it's a pleasure to have you! The great thing about this recipe is that there is no real cooking involved-just the magic of a food processor. Hope that you have a nice weekend filled with delicious dishes, laughter and good friends!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow