Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Hotel Spotlight- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation

{via thekingdomatreynolds.com}

The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation has recently received a great deal of press as it was the location of Carrie Underwood’s dreamy southern wedding earlier this summer. I was impressed by Carrie’s choice of location and have long been a fan of the resort. My first trip to the lodge was a surprise weekend getaway  from my then fiancé and now husband for my 21st birthday.  I had my first legal drink of a sparkling Mimosa (and it was divine!) while at the lodge. A year later, we vacationed at the resort again shortly after our wedding.  Though it is a Ritz-Carlton property- Reynolds Plantation is a low key place that emanates a sort of rustic charm and easy elegance.


Personal highlights include the nightly s'mores roasting (yes, even big kids get in on the action), the gorgeous infinity pool overlooking the lake (that would be serene Lake Oconee), and the incredible spa. Looking for a family friendly vacation? Reynold's Plantation is both pet and kid friendly!  Activities such as boating, swimming, golfing, tennis and horseback riding are offered daily or at your wish. 


Located only about 90 miles from Atlanta, in Greensboro, Reynold's Plantation makes for an easy getaway. Fabulous during all seasons, they really pull out all of the stops around the holidays and decorate the place with more lights than the Griswold family (but in a much, much classier fashion). If you are looking to book a trip in the fall, I suggest that you do so in a timely fashion as the place is filled to the gills during UGA football season.  Also, be sure to check out the hotel's website for amazing specials! Happy travels!


{via southeastdiscovery.com}

Oh, did I mention that upon arrival, you are provided a frosty bottle of the finest water and the most delightful candied nuts? A gracious welcome to a lovely resort!

 

12 comments:

JMW said...

That place looks amazing! I would love to sit by that open fire pit, feet up, enjoying a glass of wine and taking in the view.

My Owl Barn said...

It looks like an amazing place! That open pit bonfire is a great idea!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

What a fabulous place.. It must be very special to you holding such wonderful memories.. you always showcase divine places to visit.. and this one looks like somewhere to truly unwind... too bad it is so far for me to travel..

Thanks for popping over and thanks for the lovely comment.. Have a wonderful weekend..

Unknown said...

Looks amazing...need to add it to my ever growing list!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! No one does customer service like the Ritz! Love you blog! ~Debby xo

Shannon Fricke said...

Wow. how gorgeous. great blog.

Flourishing Networks said...

love the outdoor fire place and bear chairs...loving it

Kalee said...

Thanks, Julie! I have been very lucky and have traveled to some incredible places. I want to share those experiences with y'all so even if you have not been to the places featured,after reading the post-you sort of feel like you have.

One day soon, I hope to make it to your part of the world!

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your lovely blog.
This Ritz looks amazing. Their costumer service is amazing. Thank you for sharing.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

What wonderful memories of such a magnificent place. From mimosa's to smore's I'd be in heaven. Truly a gorgeous environment.

Hoping you have a lovely summery Sunday xx

Karena said...

I adore almost any Ritz Carlton, most of my stays have been at the one in Laguna Nigel. This looks fabulous!!

Be sure to come over and enter my New Giveaway!

Karena
Art by Karena

red ticking said...

wowowowowow... looks fantastic...




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow