Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
May I Get You a Drink?

{image via garden & gun}

With a massive heat wave sweeping across the country (17 states with a heat advisory) we could all use some relief. Why not sit for a spell on the front porch and sip on a refreshing Bourbon Slush? I served this drink over the weekend and my guests decided that perhaps a better name from the drink might be "Elephant in the Room" as I embarked on a decorative elephant buying spree and am presently attempting to figure out what to do with my two elephants in the room. So whether you prefer Elephant in the Room or Bourbon Slush, this cocktail is simple to make and a sure crowd pleasure. Cheers!

Bourbon Slush

2 cups water
5 tea bags (I use cucumber white tea)
1 cup sugar
1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 (12- ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 1/2 cups bourbon (I used Buffalo Trace) 
6 cups water

Bring two cups water to a boil in a saucepan and add the tea bags. Remove from heat and let steep for several minutes; discard the tea bags.  Add the sugar and stir to dissolve completely. Combine with the remaining ingredients in a freezer container and mix well. Freeze until slushy ( at least 2 hours) and garnish with mint sprigs.   Serves 10-15.

 

9 comments:

David Toms said...

Oh yes please! I will have one while looking at Elephants (in Africa) Sounds the perfect summer drink.

Visual Vamp said...

This sounds so refreshing, especially on these killer hot days of August.
xo xo

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Sounds yummy and refreshing.

Beautiful new blog layout!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

This sounds oh so good!!! I am wondering how you decide on what kind of tea to use?

Kalee said...

Hi Acanthus and Acorn! Good question about what kind of tea to select. My recipe merely calls for "tea bags" so I decided to have fun with the white cucumber. Really, I think that almost any type would work nicely as the tea just provides an accent taste. I recommend picking a tea that is both refreshing and light in taste. Enjoy!

Kalee said...

Hi David- oh how I would love to join you sipping the drink while looking at actual elephants! I'll hop on the next flight!

Kalee said...

Thanks, Jaime! I like the new look too- it was time to freshen up a bit.

Unknown said...

Holy moly I need to try this....ASAP! (and Yum!)

pve design said...

Yes. please, love a drink like that!
pve




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow