Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
A Piece of The Pie


Please excuse the horrific quality of the image- taken via camera phone!

Every once in a while, a simple recipe will render the most insatiable results. Not often does this happen, but when it does my taste buds do a little happy dance. The recipe below is from the July 2010 Southern Living and is a lightened up version of Key Lime Pie. The pie tasted so good that my blind taste tester (i.e. my wonderful husband) had no idea that it was in fact lightened up! Grab your forks my darlings, this one is to die for!

Key Lime Pie
1 (14-oz.) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup egg substitute 
1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice
2 tbsp. Key lime zest
1 (6-oz.) reduced fat ready made graham cracker crust
1 (8-oz.) container fat free frozen whipped topping (I used reduced fat- why take all the fun out of life?)

Garnish: lime peel strips or lime wheels

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together first 4 ingredients until well blended. Pour mixture into crust; place pie on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 17 minutes or until pie is set.  Remove pie from baking sheet to a wire rack, and let pie cool completely (about 1 hour).  Chill at least 3 but up to 24 hours. Top with thawed whipped topping just before serving and garnish. 

TCH Tip: Though time consuming, it is worth the extra effort to squeeze Key limes rather than use regular limes or manufactured lime juice. 

 

10 comments:

JMW said...

I LOVE key lime pie! That looks so good - wish I could have a slice!

vicki archer said...

Sounds and looks delicious....xv

Unknown said...

Key lime is the one dessert that my husband and I both agree on AND love!!!

Traveller said...

I have always wanted to try key lime pie - now I'm going to have to!

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

I can't wait to try this recipe! I was just in Florida and I had the most delicious key lime pie. Mmmm, I'm glad to know that this recipe will satisfy my next key lime craving!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

The thought just makes my taste-buds do a happy dance. THANK YOU, cannot wait to give it a try. Hope all is very well for you this week?

Cheers xx

Jessica said...

I could totally go for a slice right now. Summer is winding down and I still haven't had key lime pie yet!

Sahildeki Ev said...

Sounds delicious

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Delish...Key Lime Pie is a favorite!

Chic Coles said...

Key lime is an absolute favorite of ours will have to try it.




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow