Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
One Delicious Dish



The sweet scent of garlic and fresh basil float through the air. You lift your fork to your lips and take a bite of surprisingly light yet decadent ravioli. Only 510 calories you say? Amazing.

In light of the rapidly approaching swimsuit season (yikes) and in celebration of my seemingly never ending lust for Italian food, I present to you-three cheese ravioli. I have always been intrigued with the concept of making my own pasta and though I do actually possess the correct cookery to bring this intrigue into fruition, the method as presented below is much faster and equally fabulous.

Ingredients:

1 cup part-skim ricotta

1/2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella

2 Tbsp grated Parmesan ( It goes without saying that I used much more)

48 wonton wrappers

2 egg whites, lightly beaten

2 tbsp olive oil

2 pints cherry tomatoes

2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced

1 cup fresh basil plus more for garnish

salt & black pepper


  • Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Mix the three cheeses together. Working on a clean and floured surface, lay down a single wonton wrapper and place a spoonful of the cheese mix in the center. Paint the edges of the wrappers with egg whites, then top with another wonton wrapper. Press firmly around the edges to secure. Repeat to create 24 ravioli.

  • Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the tomatoes and garlic for 5-7 minutes until the tomatoes are about to burst. Use a fork to lightly crush a few tomatoes and give this a more saucelike quality. Add the basil and remove from heat.
  • Salt the boiling water and turn down the heat to medium so that it's gently boiling. Carefully drop in the ravioli and cook for 3 minutes, then drain. Divide the ravioli among 4 warm plates, then top each with the tomatoes. Generously top with shaved Parmesan and more basil.

{Recipe from Cook This, Not That}

 

3 comments:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Yum...looks so good! xx

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Garlic and basil, I am so there!

Southern Aspirations said...

Looks like a fabulous winner. I will try this weekend!!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow