Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Harbor Island- A Day in Pictures


Our flight from Miami to North Eleuthera was both fascinating and slightly harrowing. Though short, there were at least five minutes when I was convinced that I was going to toss my cookies. Luckily, the aforementioned did not occur and we landed safely.
When I gazed out the window, this was the incredible sight that greeted me. Below, you will see the Bahamian island of Bimini from above.

Though immediately admonished as pictures are not allowed, below is the *giant* North Eleuthera International Airport (what you cannot see is that immediately to the left were some plucky chickens and roosters loudly speaking their mind).
After riding the short water taxi to Harbor Island, we immediately found our way to the closest bar, which happened to be at our absolutely amazing hotel. Rum Runners and Kaliks were the drinks of choice for the table. Cheers!


Transportation is largely by foot or golf cart as Harbor Island is only 3 miles long. When you go, allow yourself to get lost in the old colonial feel of the island and wander aimlessly, you are sure to stumble upon incredible beauty and heartwarming sights.



 

5 comments:

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

The name of the car is hilarious!
Have FUN in the sun!!
xo

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ahhhhh, I haven't been to the Bahamas in yours. Love love love Kalik!

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

The picture of Bimini is amazing. I hope you're having a lovely time.

Kalee said...

Hey Kristin!

Though admittedly, I am not a big beer drinker, I have suddenly acquired quite the taste for Kalik. I am convinced that nothing tastes better with a deep fried conch burger dripping in homemade tarter sauce than a cold Kalik.

Anonymous said...

stunning pictures! :)




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow