Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fresh Picks From the Farmers' Market

Fall Scene by David Jones

Fall is upon us and with the arrival of the new season, a different selection of fruits and vegetables are at the peak of freshness. Below is a sampling of what you are likely to find at your local Farmers' Market. Keep checking back in the upcoming days for fabulous recipes using these fall staples.

Bartlett Pears- Look for pears that are medium sized without tremendous bruising or nicks.


Beets- Beets should be heavy for their size and be without cuts or nicks.


Butternut Squash- Look for squash that is heavy in size, without bruising or mold.

*Images from David Jones via Scott.k12.va.gov, wikipedia.org, jcarrots.org, bonappetit.com

 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful and delicious!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Mmm...it all looks so good. I really love Bartlett pears!

Confessions Of A Domestic Goddess said...

Thanks for the tips!! I'm so excited about fall produce!!

xoxo!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the recipes!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Oh yummy! I love this time of year!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

I enjoyed all the photographs and am looking forward to the recipes. Happy October !

Anonymous said...

Three of my favorite things! I love fall!

Kassie said...

I seriously love that first picture. And all those choices sound so yum!

Chic Coles said...

What a beautiful plate of colors.

Slices of Beauty... said...

There is nothing like fresh fruit, especially the pears, love them!

Magdalena said...

Delicious, Nutritious and Beautiful!! The perfect foods..
stop over when you get a chance we are doing a giveaway , $50 in our new boutique
Bunny
www.theparishouse.com




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow