Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Hotel Spotlight- St. George Roma

"Minimal chic rooms with soft lighting and wood tones. Library with books and newspapers, plus a spa with a whirlpool and a Turkish bath." Fortune Magazine, May 2008


St George Roma is a 5 star luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of Rome in one of the oldest and most enchanting parts of the city. The Via Guilia is an evocative 15th century street just steps away from Piazza Navona, Castet St. Angelo, and Campo del Fiori. The palazzo was left unfinished by the famous Renaissance architect Donato Bramante (the architect of St. Peter's Basilica) and was brought back to life when the hotel reopened in 2007.


Utterly sophisticated and just plain cool, the hotel features a cigar lounge, wine bar, and romantic rooftop bar. All 64 rooms are nicely appointed and designed in a minimal chic style with soft cream tones and gentle lighting. The rooftop bar redefines urban romance with amazing views, flickering candles and plush sofas.


I stayed at the St. George Roma in July of 2008 and fell instantly and deeply in love. I fell in love with Rome, with the spirit and commotion of the city, the wine, the food, the history and this stylish hotel.



The next time that you find yourself in The Eternal City, I suggest St. George Roma. If not for a stay (you won't be disappointed) then certainly for a drink in the rooftop bar. Ciao!



St. George Roma

Via Guilia 62

00186- Roma

Tel.: + 39 06 686611


* All images from stgeorgehotel.it

 

10 comments:

Jane said...

What a beautiful use of neutrals with stone. Its in a lovely bit of Roma too. And that little low rise bar with the cobalt starry sky beyond. How divine!

Confessions Of A Domestic Goddess said...

That place looks absolutely fabulous!! Definitely the type of place MDH and I want to stay when we go abroad.

Thanks for sharing!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

What an amazing place! If I ever go to Rome, now I know where to stay. It's so beautiful, I don't know if I would ever want to leave.

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

Wishing I were there.

Chic Coles said...

Those images are stunning! My mom keeps joking about getting a trip to Europe with my dad for their 25 year anniversary, however she and I should start planning our own trip because the trip with my dad will never happen. We have been wanting to go to Italy and France, it would be such an amazing trip! If and when we make it over to Europe, I would love to stay at the St. George Roma!

Rachel Follett said...

Beautiful neutral spaces. Really nice!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

STUNNING- love Roma!!!

red ticking said...

GORGEOUS... have a wonderful weekend... x pam

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Oh you are killing me with this one! I love Roma and the Piazza Navona is one of my favourite places there. I stayed one block away but in a small pensionne which was fine for what it was. Although somewhere like this would make it all the harder to leave! Bella Roma.. il sogno! Have a great weekend. x Julie

annechovie said...

Looks like a great spot to stay - thanks for the recommendation and have a great weekend!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow