Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Do Tell...


We all have a different entertaining style, one that reflects our individual personality, wishes and desires. I love how very personal a dinner party can be, just by the decor, menu and guest list. What entertaining style suits you the best?

Do you have your finger on the pulse of modernity, like above?


Or are you a fun loving prepster?



Maybe you prefer more intimate gatherings?


Or perhaps for you, formal is the only way to go.


Do you thrive the ease of casual entertaining?


Or perhaps you are a boho-chic host.


Maybe you are an eco-fabulous host?


Do you have a flair for the dramatic?



Or perhaps for you, a touch of whimsy should be added to any and every event.


Whatever style suits you best, I hope you, in the words of a favorite decorator, whoomp it up! Your style should be an expression of your personality and most importantly, fun not just for the guests but for you.



* Beautiful images from mymodernmet
.com, socialculture.com, life.com, countryliving.com, thecookskitchen.net,unknown, jordanferny, hostessblog.com

 

21 comments:

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

I think I must fit into the loving prepster. I love to have party favors and matching napkins, fresh flowers, but at the same time it is bright and I always want a fun casual atmosphere! This makes me want to throw a party!

Chic Coles said...

Our family is a cross between formal and casual. Whenever we go to my grandmothers house, we always have formal dinners with candlesticks and grace. However, when it is just our immediate family, it is a lot more casual and we love having cookout! Hope you have a great weekend!

Magdalena said...

Gorgeous images, makes me want to throw a party..maybe the girls will stop over my house for an after happy hour party tonight!!!
My style is really as ecclectic as it gets. I have multiple personalities when it comes to my designs/events and the way I dress. I get bored so easily. I do love French and elegant, can never have too much of that in my life.
thanks for sharing yet another fabulous post!!
Bunny

Unknown said...

It's been a while since I entertained. I can't wait to host my fall dinner party!

Jess said...

That first one is so fun! I love the coral and navy combination-- must try this!

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Stunning pics that made me think what I like to do. I think prepster is my style.

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

I've linked this post on my blog's Top 3 reccos. Please feel free to check it out.

Kelly said...

dinner parties are the best. i love when people come together for good food. people you love, great table setting, tasty food, awesome lighting & music are all a recipe for a lovely evening!

i like all styles when it comes to entertaining! i think being versatile is great. love this post :)

Jane said...

Some of those photos are hilarious. I am believe it or not a formal \ boho host. I have to have my silver candlesticks and white linen and Laguiole cutlery but woven place mats from Bali and our main eating table top is actually painted tiles from the 1950s depicting mermaids and fish and whales in beautiful muted pinks, blues, and browns. Sounds weird but works.

Kalee said...

Hi Jane. I don't think that it sounds strange at all, I think that it sounds fabulous! How great that your table is painted vintage tiles, I would love to see a picture!

Libbie said...

Your site is full of great ideas...Thank you for sharing your talent. If I were to classify my entertainment style it would be semi-formal with eco-friendly elements and a hint of prepster. Can you picture the table? Crystal and silver sharing the table with some sticks, moss and a few interesting leaves from the backyard...and cute napkins! Enjoy your weekend.

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

I love these pictures! I so want to throw a dinner party now!

Unknown said...

Nice pictures!! I think I am Casual/Oriental style (with Aussie BBQ thrown in).
Have a great weekend, Karen

Beth Connolly said...

Definitely formal-always champagne, china, crystal, sterling, fresh flowers.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I'm very much a casual entertainer. Although I do love a pretty table setting!

Maureen Stevens said...

Boho Chic & whimsy, I think that's what I am!

Laura Trevey said...

LOVE the "flair for the dramatic"

so romantic.... I would like to think it was spontaneous as well!!

xo Laura
www.brightboldbeautiful.blogspot.com

Rachel Ball said...

So many great photos! I tend to like casual dinners far more than formal... although it's fun to get more dressed up every once in a while.

pve design said...

I always strive for an artful approach, even if it is just take-out pizza.
pve

annechovie said...

I am a little bit of all, except I rarely am formal. Love to cook, though!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Really love that first image!!! So pretty. Can't wait until my dining room is finished in Marrakech!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow