Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fresh Picks From the Farmers Market





I like to buy local, fresh and seasonal when given the chance. A few of the fruits and vegetables that are in season where I live are blueberries, melons, eggplant, figs, cucumber, tomatoes, okra, peaches and basil. When going to the grocery store or my local Farmers Market, I always bring my own bags. Not only are the bags good for the environment and able to hold much more than plastic bags, they can be a fun expression of your personality. Here are some great bags that are perfect for collecting your fresh picks.






* cozyhomewares.com, http://www.3bp.blogspot.com,contemporarybride.com/, greenissexy.com, kennebuncklifestyle.com

 

12 comments:

Brown Button Trading said...

delicious post!!!

Megan said...

I love my reusable bags! People always compliment them when I go grocery shopping. Plus, it's so nice not having tons of plastic bags around the house!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI There
Thanks for coming to visit my blog and your lovely comment. I also have another pic of ST Sophia in a previous post.

Now about your blog.. this may be dangerous for me with all this gorgeous food! hehe so much temptation here! Have a great week. Julie

Joyce said...

This time of year I too enjoy buying local food and carrying one of my bags to the market. A great choice of bags you picked. I like them all! Enjoy! xoxo

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

I love the Feed bags, I haven't seen the totes, but the Whole Foods nearest me had cosmetic size bags. I too love the local foods! The quality and freshness cannot be beat!

count it all joy said...

I love these bags - they might even make grocery shopping a half-way enjoyable pursuit! Your blog is just gorgeous, I'll be back to visit often - although not when I'm hungry! Meredith xo.

Megan said...

Local summer produce is one of my favorite things of the season! I love your reusable bag picks too; I just discovered Baggu bags which are really stylish and affordable reusable bags too- I bet you would like them!

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

I just love farmstand veggies/fruits! I'm trying to grow my own tomatoes this year but they are taking forever! My basil hasn't stopped growing!

I love my canvas bags for groceries, I just don't always remember to bring them into the store with me!

Love your blog!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I want that FEED bag in a bad way!

Pigtown*Design said...

One of the things I do when I have tons of cherry tomatoes, is to oven dry them so that they're almost dry, and then store them in olive oil. Heat the oven to its lowest setting, cut the tomatoes in half, sprinkle with a little sea salt and rosemary, and some olive oil. The house will smell fantastic!

Josephine said...

i'm a fan of baggu's striped bags.

thanks for your nice comment on my blog, too.

GREEN AND STYLISH said...

Great green & stylish shopping suggestions!
I also like handmade wicker baskets on old-fashioned bycicles - topped with a bunch of fresh flowers they always make me smile.




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow