Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
A Tailgating Treat

Happy Saturday, friends! Fall weekends in the south mean only one thing-football. Gameday in Athens, GA is unlike anything I have ever experienced. The truth is that I don't even care who wins as I am more of a tailgate with delicious food and hang out with friends than a screamin' fan type of girl. That said, the energy in Athens is truly contagious. Go Dawgs!


Oh to be Uga, rough life friends.

There are some things that without fail, make for a fabulous tailgate party. Food is obviously the most important thing (along with beverages) and you can read more about my favorite tailgating at home tips here. Lately, and by lately I mean the last five years, I have been on a huge hummus kick. Give me some chunky chickpea deliciousness, some salty pita chips and I am one happy hostess! As a vegetarian, I have to rely on beans to get my protein and hummus is one way that I do so.

Hummus, served with pretzels, pita chips and/or vegetables, makes a wonderful addition to any tailgate spread. I make my own hummus (very simple to do and much less expensive than the store bought variety) and truthfully, the recipe varies every single time. Below you will find my recipe for my latest delicious batch. Happy gameday friends!



Hummus

Ingredients:

2 cans of chick peas, drained and rinsed
1-2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup tahini
2 lemons (for juice and zest)
1 seeded spicy pepper of your favorite variety
2 tablespoons water
A few dashes of hot sauce (I like Frank's)

Place all ingredients together in a food processor and give it a whirl until well blended. The consistency of this hummus is chunky and if you prefer a smoother spread, feel free to add more water and blend until smooth.


Now, where can a gal find a good and spicy Bloody Mary at 9 am?? I have a feeling that I won't have to look too far!

 




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow