Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
A Belated Fourth & A Seriously Festive Cake

Hello! I hope that all of you ( cannot believe that I actually still have readers after being such a rotten blogger here lately---->you are so appreciated!!) had a fabulous Fourth of July! I had a really wonderful day that started at the crack of dawn with a 10K race in Lexington, KY.  It was a great race and lots of fun to see all of the families, dogs and cheering people along the route.

I have to admit that I have always been a little leery of overly thematic foods but yesterday, I decided to toss that old fear out of the window and make a cake bursting with Americana :). I give you, the Barefoot Contessa's Flag Cake. I followed the recipe pretty much exactly and it can be found here. Gotta love Ina!


The final result? A pretty little thing (in my humble opinion) but the cake itself failed totally in the taste factor. This was totally my fault and should in no way be reflection of IG's skills, obviously. I blame the epic failure on using my mom's oven and not my own :). Seriously though, I let the white cake cook too long and this resulted in a dry and overall pretty gross cake. That said, it sure was patriotic and after a few beers who really noticed anyway!

Hope that you have a fabulous day!


 

5 comments:

JMW said...

This cake looks amazing - wish I had done something like this for the 4th. Oh, well, maybe next week. Hope you enjoyed the race in Lexington!

Unknown said...

Amazing blog post as always! I am very glad to see your post, I located what I was in search of here. Thank you!
onestopbuy.com

Rhoger said...

it's still looks yummy :)
Portable Storage Container Rental

Levionna said...

one my favorite fruits.
Great information at Interrogation Room Recording System

Larreyn said...

wow! berries and strawberries :) it looks good on the cake

Referred to Things to do in Honolulu




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow