Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Irresistible Appetizer Recipe


 I am a true grazer, perhaps some of you can relate. Give me a cheese platter with deliciously stinky cheese, interesting dips and some marcona almonds and I will joyfully graze for hours. As such, I am on a constant search for new dips to delight the palette. While snowed in last week, I tried this recipe ( a jazzed up version of a Weight Watchers recipe) and couldn't believe the results. Enjoy!

Sun-dried Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Dip

1/2 cup roasted red peppers (jarred)
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes  (packed in oil)
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Juice of one lemon
1 palmful of fresh parsley
1-2 pickled jalapeño peppers
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup sour cream
1 block of 1/3 fat cream cheese (at room temperature)
Salt
Freshly cracked black pepper

Combine first 6 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well blended. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, salt and pepper and puree. Transfer to serving bowl and chill in refrigerator for an hour. Serve with rice crackers, crostini or favorite vegetables. Also works well as a sandwich spread. 

 

5 comments:

theappletea said...

bet it is a great and deliscious :) :)

so great!

Basil Becky said...

I love the way it looks!! Eating with our eyes is a great way to control calories!!!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Thank you, I'm having a few couples in for dinner this weekend & you solved one of my food dilemma's. This recipe looks great.

Wishing you a great rest of this week CH!

Chic Coles said...

Yum, will write up for the next get together.

The enchanted home said...

Hi am new here..and fairly new to blogworld but can see we are destined to be friends, cheese, dips, grazing..did you say? Thats me to the rescue! This dip looks mighty good...glad i stumbled across your great blog. Please visit me, its a newish blog about the biulding of our new home and my love for design/decor....plus doing my first giveaway and its a goodie, a french chair.
www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow