Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Down-home DIY


Recently, I found myself in a bit of a pickle. A mess of streaky windows with no Windex to be found. What to do? Google to the rescue. A few moments after my initial duress, I found the simple solution. Mix equal parts white vinegar and hot water with a splash of rubbing alcohol. Place concoction in a spray bottle and viola- a streak free shine!

 
Not only is this cleaner incredibly cheap, it is also non-toxic. Now that it is a cleaner you can feel good about!

 

11 comments:

JMW said...

Yep, my grandmother and mom always recommended using vinegar and water for your windows. An even better way to avoide streaks is using a newspaper with the concoction. Not sure why, but it works wonders!

Annemarie said...

Oh such a great idea! Bookmarking this for my cleaning tips! xoxo

Kalee said...

Hi JMW- grandmothers always know best, don't they! What a great tip about the newspaper and will certainly give that a try.

Kalee said...

Hi Brunch at Saks- I think that you too will be impressed by this little home-made wonder!

CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

Have also then heard that people like to use newsprint to scrub, ah someone already said that.

Meanwhile, I want your whiskey sour, truffled potato chips and fireplace-love them all! Thank you so much for your dear comments on my DD feature! Hope you're enjoying this 4TH snow day!

North of 25A said...

What a delight to find your blog by way of "A Place to Dwell". I did know about the vingear as a streak free window cleaner and had even heard that newspaper was better than paper towels, but did not know about adding a dash of rubbing alcohol. Great tip. So much better for the environment too! Thank you!
Best from your newest follower,
Colleen

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Great idea...non toxic is key.

Anonymous said...

Great and easy recipe. Did it work as well as Windex? If so, I'm sold!

Betsy

Raina Cox said...

What a wonderful tip!

Thanks so much for stopping by La Lamp Shade.

Best,

Raina
If the Lamp Shade Fits

Kalee said...

Welcome, Colleen. I am delighted to have you here and appreciate your great tips!

Kalee said...

Hi Miss Betsy! I am pleased to report that yes, this home-made cleaning product worked just as well as Windex! I hope that you give it a try and do let me know what you think.




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow