Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Easy Entertaining Florishes

Entertaining and being the perfect hostess does not have to be a big production. The bottom line is that if it is not fun for you as host or hostess the affair will not be enjoyable for your guest (s). Whether entertaining a crowd or just that special somebody, little touches make all of the difference. The following list is full of  little touches that are sure to make your soiree sparkle.

Smile- Remember that your mood sets the tone for the event. Smile and have fun- entertaining should be a pleasure not a chore!


{Image from we heart it}

Candles- I almost always have at least one candle burning when I entertain. Whether it is your beloved grandmother's silver candelabra or the quirky candle holder you snatched at your neighbor's yard sale the effect is two-fold as not only will your home smell delicious, it will literally glow.


{All via the divine Jonathon Adler}

Fresh Flowers-  go ahead and get it out of your head that in order to have artful flower arrangements you must spend your salary in fresh flowers, it isn't true! I love using an assortment of vessels (some true vases and others not) to hold single flowers. For a fun variation, why not spray paint the vessels a rich fall color (perhaps chocolate) and use sunflowers and mum blossoms- a perfect communication of the season.


{Inspiration from Eat Drink Chic}

Menu Display: Make your guest(s) feel as if they are dining out at your town's chicest restaurant by displaying your menu and using namecards. 

{Love this?You can buy it at The Merry Martini!}



Do you have go-to entertaining tips of your own? I would love to hear! Until next time, remember each day is an opportunity to live with style and grace!



 

8 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

These are great tips, thanks!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

Awesome tips! For dinner parties, I try to set the table the night before (which can be somewhat difficult with 2 kids under 2 who have to touch everything). For cocktail or informal parties, I set up all my serving ware and buffet the night before as well, but use little cards with the food/dish name on them. That way, I already know exactly what I'm going to use, and my husband can help a little more.

Unknown said...

what a FUN post - i just make sure there's enugh food and drinks! - guess i'm not that great of a hostess *ekk*

PS - PLEASE come one come all and
*Enter Camille Beckman Luxury Give-Away Here*

*kiss kiss*
Erika

Kalee said...

Wow- what a great tip Miss Deanna! I am impressed with your organization skills!

Kalee said...

Hi Erika! You are spot on with your tip & I am sure that you are a delightful hostess- it is vitally important that you have sufficient food and drinks. Take care!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

Haha, Miss C. Hostess, my only problem is I get too chatty and enamored with my company that I forget to take pictures for my blog! Thank you for your compliment, though, it means a lot coming from you!

k said...

these are perfect tips, i love them!

Dallas Shaw said...

ha! love those boot holders!
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow