Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fresh Picks From The Farmer's Market


There is nothing quite like seasonal fruits and vegetables and I make a point to buy as local and seasonal as possible. Curious about what is fresh at this moment? Fear not, help is on the way!  A few of my very favorite include...

Apples (Honeycrisp-please!)- have you been lucky enough to taste an apple fresh off the tree? Bite after bite of juicy goodness!



Brussels Sprouts- perfectly delectable when roasted with kosher salt and olive oil.



Chard- such a pretty way to eat your greens!



Celery Root- seriously ugly vegetable with seriously great taste!



Fig- luscious and lovely this fruit makes a fabulous dessert when drizzled with honey and paired with goat cheese.


{Image source: here, here, here, here & here.}

What are your favorite fall fruit and vegetables? Do tell!

 

8 comments:

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

I used to hate brussel sprouts, but i like now. I am a huge apple fan!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

We have an apple/pear orchard at my farm, so we get to enjoy that simple pleasure whenever we like! It's great (apples are done for the year, still have zillions of pears!).

Krystal said...

These are such great pictures! And you're kind of inspiring me to try fig :) Beautiful blog!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

This is my first visit to your blog, and those vegetables look gorgeous! I enjoy being a hostess, and I thing I'll enjoy your blog very much! When you have a moment please "visit" me in New England, I love company and new followers are always welcome! I enjoyed my visit today!

The Consummate Hostess said...

Thank you, Krystal! I hope that you enjoy the blog and do give figs a try- they are so delicious!

The Consummate Hostess said...

Welcome, Ocean Breezes! I look forward to checking out your blog soon!

The Consummate Hostess said...

Wow, Deanna! I want to live at Silly Goose Farm :).

The Consummate Hostess said...

I am with you, Jaime! I just adore a crisp & juicy apple. Yum!




Cherished Friends

Follow by Email

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow