Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fresh Picks From The Farmer's Market


There is nothing quite like seasonal fruits and vegetables and I make a point to buy as local and seasonal as possible. Curious about what is fresh at this moment? Fear not, help is on the way!  A few of my very favorite include...

Apples (Honeycrisp-please!)- have you been lucky enough to taste an apple fresh off the tree? Bite after bite of juicy goodness!



Brussels Sprouts- perfectly delectable when roasted with kosher salt and olive oil.



Chard- such a pretty way to eat your greens!



Celery Root- seriously ugly vegetable with seriously great taste!



Fig- luscious and lovely this fruit makes a fabulous dessert when drizzled with honey and paired with goat cheese.


{Image source: here, here, here, here & here.}

What are your favorite fall fruit and vegetables? Do tell!

 

8 comments:

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I used to hate brussel sprouts, but i like now. I am a huge apple fan!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

We have an apple/pear orchard at my farm, so we get to enjoy that simple pleasure whenever we like! It's great (apples are done for the year, still have zillions of pears!).

k said...

These are such great pictures! And you're kind of inspiring me to try fig :) Beautiful blog!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

This is my first visit to your blog, and those vegetables look gorgeous! I enjoy being a hostess, and I thing I'll enjoy your blog very much! When you have a moment please "visit" me in New England, I love company and new followers are always welcome! I enjoyed my visit today!

Kalee said...

Thank you, Krystal! I hope that you enjoy the blog and do give figs a try- they are so delicious!

Kalee said...

Welcome, Ocean Breezes! I look forward to checking out your blog soon!

Kalee said...

Wow, Deanna! I want to live at Silly Goose Farm :).

Kalee said...

I am with you, Jaime! I just adore a crisp & juicy apple. Yum!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow