Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
May I Fix You A Cocktail?



It has been seriously hot here in Georgia and on days when the air drips with humidity, a proper cocktail is the perfect way to cool down. My mother and I made this concoction this past weekend and we found it delightful. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.

Blueberry-Limoncello Cooler

By Giada De Laurentis

1 bottle chilled limoncello
1 cup chilled sparkling water
1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen if need be)
5 fresh mint sprigs-lightly crushed plus extra for garnish
Crushed ice

Directions:

In a pitcher, combine the limoncello, sparkling water, blueberries, and mint sprigs.

Fill highball glasses halfway with crushed ice. Pour 1/2 cup of the limoncello mixture over the ice in each glass.

TCH Tip: If using frozen blueberries, add them to the pitcher just before serving.

Garnish with mint sprigs and serve. Cheers!




*Image from foodnetwork.com

 

11 comments:

Beach House Living said...

Wonderful, I'll be right over!

Sahildeki Ev said...

As I recently made 5 litres of homemade limoncello, I will definitely try this receipe this week as soon as I find some blueberries..

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Sounds refreshing and delicious! :)

Kelsey Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelsey Jane said...

Sorry - spelling error. Let me try again.

Ahem. That cocktail sounds amazing! I cannot wait to try out the recipe.

I enjoy your blog! I just stumbled upon it and I'm so glad I did.

XO

Pemberley said...

Limoncello reminds me of my honeymoon on the Amalfi Coast. Love it! Can't wait to try this one.

Kalee said...

Hi Pemberley- I too associate limoncello with the Amalfi coast. Whenever I drink the liqueur,I am transported back to a balmy Italian night with my family together on our hotel patio overlooking The Med and everybody raising their glass to the night. It is a fabulous drink!

Kalee said...

Hi Turquoise Dairies- oh how I wish that I lived in your part of the world! Homemade limoncello- is there anything better?!

Kalee said...

Welcome, Kelsey! I am glad that you found my blog and hope that you return often. Thank you for your kind words, it is a pleasure to have your company!

Aspiring Kennedy said...

oh yes- i would love to sip on one of these! :)

so glad we "met!" :)

Designs on 47th Street said...

Just copied off this recipe and hope to try it soon. I love this sort of drink.

I just found you. Looks like you have a really nice blog!

Donna




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow