Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Simple Beauty



Oftentimes, it is the simplest things that are the most beautiful- a charming red door, an unexpected shooting star or a mother tenderly hugging a child. For me there is almost nothing more beautiful than a simple bouquet of flowers in an artful vase. I adore hydrangeas and for the past few weeks my home has been filled with the flowers. Every-time I notice an arrangement, I smile. So today I send you a beautiful bouquet of freshly picked hydrangeas and hopefully a smile.

 

8 comments:

Kassie said...

They are my favorite flower. I don't know why, but they have such a calming feeling, and are so peaceful and feminine! We have a bush in our yard and I like to have a vaseful in my room at all times. :)

Therese Jacinto said...

This indeed made me smile! Thank you! One of my favorite flowers as well, and that blue hue is simply stunning.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Beautiful nature does that!
*smile*

Karena said...

Amazing because I just brought home a bunch of thse hydrangeas!! I adore them!!

I hope you will join my designer Giveaway from Pillow Mint!

Karena
Art by Karena

Unknown said...

My favorites! How lovely!

La Petite Gallery said...

It is such a great plant for a garden.
Mine are getting buds now and I love the Pee Gee's (snowballs) Plant it and forget it. They dry beautifully.

Kalee said...

I couldn't agree more, La Petite Gallery. Perhaps the greatest thing about hydrangeas is that they require only minimal effort and reward you with tremendous beauty!

Kalee said...

Hi Kassie!

How great that you have a thriving plant in your yard-I am sure that it provides a lovely pop of color for your home. I think it fascinating that the color of bloom is partially determined by the acidity of the soil. Mine are the color of the blooms in the picture but my neighbors are a rich and deep purplish-blue. Fascinating!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow