Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Grab a Spoon-Let's Eat White Chocolate Mousse

This creamy dessert is an elegant way to end a meal. It is courtesy of the adorable Claire Robinson. I love Claire's style and would love to hang out, oh the parties that we could throw together! That said, this recipe could not be easier or more delicious. When making this recipe, be sure to finely chop the white chocolate or it will take much longer to melt (this was a problem that I battled Saturday night and had to do some frantic last minute jerry rigging to make it ok).

White Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients:
7 ounce finely chopped white chocolate
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 heavy whipping cream, plus 1 cup
12 blackberries (for garnish)
Mint sprigs (amazingly I still have fresh mint in my garden- despite the deep south freeze)
1 ounce chocolate (shave or curl for garnish)

In a large glass bowl, place the white chocolate and set aside. Add the yolks to the sugar in a small bowl and whip until a pale yellow color. In a saucepan over low heat, bring 1/4 cup of cream to a simmer, and then slowly add to the egg mixture to temper. Pour the creamy mixture back into the saucepan and stir until the back of a wooden spoon is coated. Pour this mix into a mesh sieve directly over the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. In a different bold, whip the remaining cream until it forms stiff peaks. Fold half of the cream into the chocolate mixture and then fold in the remaining cream.

Spoon into individual serving cups and place in refrigerator for at least an hour. I served this in over-sized martini glasses. Garnish with blackberries, shaved or curled chocolate and a mint sprig. Enjoy!

 

9 comments:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Yummy! xx

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

My mouth is watering! thank you for sharing this! It will be tried at our house very soon!

style chronicle said...

Looks wonderful!

Unknown said...

I wonder if it tastes as good as it looks!!?

Laura Trevey said...

Mmmmm.... Save me a spoon!

Magdalena said...

Looks and sounds fabulous. I am so happy you shared this recipe because it looks easy as well!
xoxo

ChoeNY said...

yummmyyy!!!

get overstatement necklaces for a reasonable price

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=119287&id=177999603896

enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious. Kindly set a place for me!

escapade said...

Oh yes please! These look divine!




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow