Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
George Stubbs


This painting is by the famed artist of both horses and equestrian pursuits, George Stubbs. The painting is entitled Bay Hunter by the Lake and was painted in 1787. To me, Stubbs pieces speak to the quite beauty of horses and are nearly lifelike in the detail. Bay Hunter by the Lake can be found at The Tate in London.


Whistlejacket is one of Stubbs' most famous paintings, renowned for its energy and capturing of the horse's vivacious spirit. The painting was completed in 1762 and now hangs in The National Gallery in London, when not on loan to another museum.


*Images from Tate.org and nationalgallery.org

 

2 comments:

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Beautiful beautiful!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

So exquisite. The artistry is amazing. More like a photograph because of it's detail. Hope your week is going well and you are staying warm?




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow