Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Oh, I Would Love to See...


Currently, there are some really wonderful exhibitions at museums across The United States. Museums have the magical power of transporting the beholder to a different time and place. It almost feels as if you get to dive into a different culture or era, if only for a minute. For me, good art speaks a universal language and has the potential to be a great unifier. In this day and age, museums are a wonderful resource for children and adults. I encourage you to take advantage of your local museum, whether it is The National Gallery or The Telfair Museum of Art. Explore and discover the beauty that awaits you.
  • The Metropolitan Museum of Art- Afghanistan: Hidden Treasures from The National Museum Kabul. Through 9/20/2010.

  • San Fransisco Museum of Modern Art- Richard Avedon 1946-2004. Through 11/29/2009.

  • The Crow Collection (Dallas, TX)- Wild Flowering: The Crow Family and Asia. Through 1/3/2010.

  • The Art Institute of Chicago: A Case For Wine- King Tut Through Today. Through 9/20/2009.


  • Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (Kansas City)- Worldly Luxuries: Repetition in Renaissance Textiles. Through 2/21/2010.

  • The High Museum of Art- The Louvre Atlanta: The Louvre and The Masterpiece. Through 9/13/2009.

*Images from Metmuseum.org, sfmoca.org, artic.edu, high.org

 

11 comments:

Slices of Beauty... said...

Love a day at a meseum!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Museums can be so much fun when they have great exhibitions! I especially love any art exhibits and any exhibits of jewels!

Caroline in the City said...

sadly, the louvre exhibit at the high atlanta is overrated. there's nothing like seeing the real thing, but the high is a great museum nonetheless.

Megan said...

I saw the Louvre exhibit at the High earlier this year, and it was just ok. Of course, we had just come out of The Terracotta Warriors exhibit, which was amazing! They are supposed to be in DC sometime at the end of this year. Highly reconmend it!

David Toms said...

I would love to see the Afghan exhibition. Looks like a trip to New York is in order

Sahildeki Ev said...

I love it when museums bring the very different and far away treasures at our doors.

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

I love visiting museums when I travel, but somehow I always forget to visit the ones in my own city. You're so right in that they allow you to dive into a different culture or era!

Magdalena said...

We just got home after spending all day at the American Museum of History in NYC. I love it there, I love all museums!! Wish I were heading to Louvre tomorrow!!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Terrific advice CH & something we rarely take advantage of. It's truly a shame & we need to rectify that as a family. Thank you for listing all the interesting exhibits throughout the country.

All the best,
Deb

style chronicle said...

The Avedon exhibit in San Francisco would be be inspiring. I love a quiet day in an art museum. Thanks for sharing!

Brilliant Sulk said...

Headed to the the Avedon exhibit this weekend. VERY excited.




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow