Currently, there are some really wonderful exhibitions at museums across The United States. Museums have the magical power of transporting the beholder to a different time and place. It almost feels as if you get to dive into a different culture or era, if only for a minute. For me, good art speaks a universal language and has the potential to be a great unifier. In this day and age, museums are a wonderful resource for children and adults. I encourage you to take advantage of your local museum, whether it is The National Gallery or The Telfair Museum of Art. Explore and discover the beauty that awaits you.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art- Afghanistan: Hidden Treasures from The National Museum Kabul. Through 9/20/2010.
- San Fransisco Museum of Modern Art- Richard Avedon 1946-2004. Through 11/29/2009.
- The Crow Collection (Dallas, TX)- Wild Flowering: The Crow Family and Asia. Through 1/3/2010.
- The Art Institute of Chicago: A Case For Wine- King Tut Through Today. Through 9/20/2009.
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (Kansas City)- Worldly Luxuries: Repetition in Renaissance Textiles. Through 2/21/2010.
- The High Museum of Art- The Louvre Atlanta: The Louvre and The Masterpiece. Through 9/13/2009.
*Images from Metmuseum.org, sfmoca.org, artic.edu, high.org