Welcome!

Kalee
Athens, Georgia
Welcome to my little world- I am thrilled that you are here. My most sincere hope is that this little blog is a source of laughter, inspiration and some seriously fabulous food (even if it is vegan!). Is it possible to maintain a vegetarian lifestyle below the Mason Dixon line? Come along with me and find out as I pound the pavement, travel and eat my way through life. Cheers!
View my complete profile

A collection of recipes, traveling and entertaining tips.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Frank Lloyd Wright



I just finished reading Loving Frank by Nancy Horan and highly recommend it. It is a fascinating tale providing insight into the lives of the eccentric genius and his beloved muse Mamah Borthwick Cheney. In honor of Mr. Wright and in celebration of his work, here are some of my favorite designs for the home.



Moore-Dugal House- Oak Park, IL



Lake House




Duncan Home






Hills Decaro Home



Allen-Hambe Home

*Images from oakparkdining.com,urbangreenberg.files,travel.nytimes.com,apartmenttherapy.com,home.onemain.com

 

15 comments:

annechovie said...

He is truly an American design icon. Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Interesting how a couple of those are more "traditional" houses than what I would have expected. Thanks for the highlights.

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

He is amazing! A few of his designs were cast into pewter and iron works, we actually have a fireplace screen by him, and it is just beautiful!

LPC said...

I saw this book in the bookstore earlier. Looked interesting. Glad to know you liked it.

Unknown said...

Amazing houses, great post!

Thanks so much for your comments on my blog this week, nice to have you following me :)

Happy Week-end :)

Megan said...

I'm looking for a new book, thanks for the tip!

Southern Aspirations said...

Great feature on a great designer. My favorite story about him is that he didn't like that the people who moved into the house/furniture he designed kept rearranging the furniture, so he nailed the furniture to the floor. Who knows if it's true, but it makes me smile. I've got Loving Frank on the bookshelf- just haven't gotten to it yet!!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Loved seeing these photos! I loved seeing some of the houses I'd never seen before! They're so fab!

Basil Becky said...

My husband and I walked around the neighborhood in Chicago with many of his designed homes. It was really unique. I love that you have so many interest and loves...very cool

preppyinnewengland said...

Thank you for this post as this was a book I wanted to read. Thank you for the reminder.

Mary-Laure said...

Beautiful pics of FLW's classic designs... I'll look up the book you recommend.

Julia said...

I think you need to visit Madison :) We have some of his gems here!

Kassie said...

I love unique homes like this!!

Under this Umbrella said...

Oh, how I love Frank Lloyd Wright. Thank you for this post. I, too read Loving Frank and enjoyed it.

A Happy Wife said...

I love driving around Oak Park and looking at all of his masterpieces and all of the homes inspired by him. The walking tour is a must if you ever make it out this way.




Cherished Friends

Search This Blog


(C) 2010
Blog design by Splendid Sparrow